Tia Portal To Studio 5000 .......

Ahmad.90

Hi guys , I'm new with Allen Bradley, but I have experience with Tia portal (s7 1200 ,s7 1500)
I want to convert my project from Tia portal to studio 5000 my new plc is "5069-L320ERS2" safety plc with tow remote devices 1734-AENT & 1734-AENTR
I'm having a few problems because i have no idea about Allen bradley especially in Programing
as we know in Tia portal we have :
global data blocks, what is alternative in studio 5000 ====>( )???
FB ====>( )??
FC ====>( )??
cyclic interrupt ====>( )??
and what considerations should be considered in order not to fall into error during conversion ???
and how can I do snapshot in data block like this pic
I want to specific answers please
I wish if someone had a project to share it with me

I appreciate any help you can provide

Attachments

• Ekran görüntüsü 2024-04-19 090601.png
    Ekran görüntüsü 2024-04-19 090601.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
DB tags have an equivalent in Controller-scoped tags.
Local tags are what Rockwell would call Routine-scoped tags, which are not available. But they do have Program-scoped tags, where a Program is a container for multiple routines.

An OB is called a Task.
Program Cycle OB is a Continuous Task
Cyclic Interrrupt OB is a Periodic Task
Most other OBs are Event-Driven Tasks

FBs and FCs are comparable to Routines, and a Call instruction is known as a JSR (jump to subroutine). There is another type of routine called an Add On Instruction that some people analogize to an FB because it can have multiple instances, but I would not call it a hard equivalent.

Check for overflows and division by zero, as these cause Major processor faults that will (may?) Stop the processor.

FBs and FCs are comparable to Routines, and a Call instruction is known as a JSR (jump to subroutine). There is another type of routine called an Add On Instruction that some people analogize to an FB because it can have multiple instances, but I would not call it a hard equivalent.
One of the biggest differences is that, afaik, you can't DL changes to an AOI without stopping the processor. It isn't just another routine, like an FB is more or less just another block. It's almost like the AOI becomes a new system instruction or something.

The way that I see people replicate code is to create the text of the ladder logic in excel and then copy/paste it in. Instead of passing parameters in the interface, they have excel make all the substitutions for each "call".

the Snapshot equivalent is more all or nothing, is my understanding. When you upload the PLC, it includes ALL the tag values. When you DL (stopping the PLC), it overwrites the tags with the value from the offline project. If you just do an online edit, it doesn't affect the tag values at all. I assume you can create new tags online without issues. I don't think you can change a UDT while online.

The workaround to changing AOIs and UDTs live is that you copy them, make the changes in the copy, DL the copy, and then change all the references from the original to the copy. All theoretically actions you can take while online without a full download.