Traffic Lights Application with CX-Programmer [LD Language]

mangustas

Hi all. I'm rally, really new in the PLC world and stuff. I got a task for my college project this semester to program traffic lights application in LD language (primary with CX-Programmer, but Logix Pro is also not a bad choice). I got this condition (sorry for my English mistakes) :

Create a program for LD and any textual language for two traffic lights with a single beam switching sequence. The first and the second traffic light, both green and red light illuminates after 20 s, and all the yellow lights illuminates 5 seconds. Traffic light control use the CPM1A controller. Next traffic light stands 200 meters away from the first one by the green light corridor algorithm. Green light turns on straight track direction 20 seconds after the green light on the start of the first traffic light. Consider the possibility of traffic management cycle stop and start buttons START and STOP. It should also be possible to "open" in one or the other direction, using the button or GREEN1 and GREEN2. When you open any of the direction of the normal traffic light cycle is suspended until the START button is pressed.
So basically I need to create an application which makes these sequences. What I got for now is just a start and stop contacts with a memory instruction, like this:
Untitled.png

Yeah, I got very little and I don't really have nothing to start with.

What I think for the next step is maybe to create an endless circle to make sure what my both traffic lights will be always turned on (I mean it should have endless circle through the whole program). And I don't really know how to do it.
Next, if I somehow managed to make the endless circle, I may need to start my first traffic light. But how to exactly do this?

What I want from you guys is to maybe help me to start with something. Tutorial, example projects on the internet or just random ideas to help me with this program. Thank you very much and appreciate any help. I really like programming with PLC, but I already can see that I didn't have basic logic thinking with this one.

What I want from you guys is to maybe help me to start with something.
Here is a LogixPro prgram for a single traffic light with a 26-seconds cycle. You should adjust the cycle to match your instructions (50-seconds cycle I think). You could duplicate this program for the second light, but set the timer for the second light to start 20 seconds behind the first light. In other words, when the first light timer = 20 seconds, the second light timer = 0.

TRAFFIC LIGHT WORD COMPAREwith GEQ & LEQ.jpg

Last edited: