Unable to deploy galaxy node

Unable to deploy galaxy

Hi,
I deleted a galaxy without undeploying it. Later I created a new galaxy called "NWC". Once I used to deploy it I am getting an error something like below:
cannot deploy the galaxy platform to a node other than the galaxy node. Please configure this Platform to use machine name XXXXX.
I tried platform remover but using it I am also getting an error " There was an error trying to stop aaBootStrap Service"

Please give an advice. Thank you

Unable to find OSConfiguration Utility

Hello all!

I am trying to find the OSConfiguration Utility, but I can't seem to do so. I have undeployed a platform that wouldn't previously undeploy properly. Now I am trying to redeploy it and I get the following error:

"Error: Failed to deploy TPC_VIEW2 : Cannot find the target PC on the network."

I know that the PC is reachable on the network because I can ping the card and I can see the file shares live. When I add a file to the physical computer, it pops up on the shared folder that I am viewing from the GR Node.

Everything worked fine until I went to change the IP addresses on the target machine. Now I can't redeploy the platform instance with either configuration. After running the platform remover, they are showing as undeployed, but I can't redeploy them now because of the previously stated error.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! - Aaron

Make sure your firewalls are disabled. You need to enter the IP and hostnames (machine names) in the host file.

You can find the OSConfig utility on the Wonderware installation disks.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks!

When you say host file, do you mean enter the name or IP of the target machine into the archestra app in the platform object under the network location box? I've done that, but it still is not allowing me to deploy to the target computer over a vpn. I have the rmc running through the vpn with no problem, but when I configure the target computer to connect over the vpn, my connections are fine, I can see the computer over the network, they can ping eachother, and everything seems fine, but I cannot seem to deploy a platform to it. Is there something I'm missing?

It's strange to me that the rmc is fine over vpn, but I'm having so much trouble with the process channel. Any ideas as to what my problem might be would be greatly appreciated! Note: I have firewalls turned completely off through both modems and both routers

Last edited:
As an added note, the reason I am able to run with this configuration is because I have two ISPS coming into the same building, and two VPN capable routers as well. The target computer will eventually be located in another building across town, but it is here in the same building for now so I can get it setup and tested before I relocate it. So, as it stands now, target machine's process network is using a hub connected to the LAN. The RMC is running through both routers and both modems and two ISPS that are independent of eachother. The only missing piece I have at this point is undeploying the target platform in archestra, changing is address to the ip on the other side of the VPN connection, then redeploy platform to target pc over the vpn connection.

I just wanted to clarify my setup.

Thanks!

AHuff could you solve your problem ??

im having the exact same problem..

Let me know if you could deal with it

Hi jaoco,

No, nobody has answered me. Are you trying to deploy a platform over a vpn connection? Apparently this is not a popular configuration. Maybe we can help eachother find a solution to this problem. If you come up with any good info, please let me know, I'll do the same for you.

Nope , sorry ! im just trying to develop over a simple network..

It should be easy but still can get it done. I can ping each machine from both machines, both are under the same domain, and also have the same USERname, checked in the changed network account app.

Dont know what else to try

im stucked! jaja

Finally figured out the issue - there was an error trying to stop bootstrap service

You need to stop the ArchestrA Bootstrap service.... and then START it again. I tried stopping it and disabling it with no success. Starting it back up and then running the platform remover finally worked