Uploading a Emerson servo program

Bent

I just purchased a new emerson EP209 servo controller and I am using Power Tools Pro V5.2. I have a USB to 485 Emerson cable. Recently I purchased a windows 7 64 bit PC and downloaded the software and USB driver. When I upload and do a scan it sees the servo controller. I stop scan and upload. I then get the following error that is attached. I am not sure what it means??

servo error.jpg

When you get a brand new drive, you need to download a blank new application to it. I never got a good explanation why this is, but you cannot "upload" the default application that the drive ships with. You will always get the error message in your screen shot.

So just start a new file, pick the drive and motor, and do a download. After that you should be in good shape.

Also, assuming you have the "P" version of the drive (fully programmable) it has an ethernet port on it. This is a much faster connection. Default IP for the drive is 192.168.1.42.