Uploading new program ML1400

djeims

Hi guys,

I can't quite figure out how to upload a new program to the ML1400 that I'm working with. Every time I try to upload a code I've been editing in RSLogix 500, the ladder is replaced with the program previously loaded on the PLC.

Does anyone here have experience with Allen-Bradley products?

Regards,
David

David,

Your terminology is incorrect.

If you have a program in your PC, to get that program into the PLC you must perform a download.

If you have a program in your PLC, to get that program into your PC you must perform an upload.

To sum up.

PC to PLC - Download
PLC to PC - Upload.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

David,

Your terminology is incorrect.

If you have a program in your PC, to get that program into the PLC you must perform a download.

If you have a program in your PLC, to get that program into your PC you must perform an upload.

To sum up.

PC to PLC - Download
PLC to PC - Upload.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

Upload means to get the program OUT of the PLC.

Download means put your program INTO the PLC.

Alan

Wow, I feel like an idiot now. That clears everything up for me though.

Thank you Alan and Mark!

Regards,
David