will SCADA work for siemens S7-200

bhavik

hi,i m new to the world of PLCS.
i m working on a graduate project on S7-200 with cpu 212.
i m to automate a plant and give its graphic representation on pc.
i come to know about SCADA.will it work?
if not what else will work?
please give relative links.thanx

i m working on a graduate project on S7-200 with cpu 212.
i m to automate a plant and give its graphic representation on pc.
i come to know about SCADA.will it work?
Why not? Try Citect, I teach it in combination with an S7-212.
please give relative links.
If you want to graduate, put some effort in and search the web.

Hi Bhavic,

It's indeed possible to use SCADA with a S7-200. You've got several options of which kind of SCADA you want to use. I've used so far three SCADA softwares.

Intouch Wonderware
Citect
WinCC Siemens rel 5.2 and 6.0

The only difference is I used a S7-300 with an ethernet connection.

What do you need.

A pc with an interface card (something like cp1613 of Siemens) works for all three of the SCADA softwares. OR if you do not have a lot of tags you could use a simple 3com networkcard together Softnet. The difference between those two networkcards is the CP1613 has his own CPU and the 3com uses the CPU of your PC.

But first of all U need to define your connect between the PLC and the PC. I think a S7200 with a CPU 212 is rather limited for this application

Rudi

but will s7-200 with cpu 212 communicate with PC?

If it didn't what would be the use of using it to teach about the Citect SCADA package? (see my previous post on this thread)

I simply use the PC-PPI programming cable. That's simply because the PC is RS232 and that PLC uses RS485. The cable is also an adapter. If you would have searched this site, you would have found numerous references about this.

PUT SOME EFFORT IN TO IT!