Windows XP Service Pack 2 SP2

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
[font=arial, sans-serif]I recently got an Email reminding me.
April 12 is coming soon--start preparing your network for the Automatic Update blocker lift today by visiting the Service Pack 2 deployment resource site.

I Use Windows XP on my old laptop "Presario 1270"
I connect to SLC and Micrologix using 1747 UIC through USB
I haven't installed service pack2 because I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Well I guess I'll soon have no choice.

Does anybody have any advice. (horror stories)
Thanks
[/font]

I have SP2 on my laptop & the 1747 UIC. I also use automatic updates to handle the updating. I personally haven't experienced any problems with comms to PLCs. AutoUpdate will ask you when you launch RSLinx if you want to block or unblock the program...

I installed SP2 and it seems to be fine.
I got a dialog box asking me Do you want to keep blocking this program?
Sp2Dialog.jpg

I clicked Unblock and all seems OK.
(y)

Have had absoluely no problems with any of the Omron CX-Suite software so far.

Used Hitachi Actwin for the first time for a long while the other day and had no problems.

Used Mitsubishi GX-Developer the same day with no problems.

Only thing I did was turn the firewall off.