SYSWIN 3.4 Instruction Help

CallumMacEwen

Hello ,

I am wondering if I could get some help about the conversion of instructions from the SYSWIN software to the SIEMENS software. Currently I only have good knowledge of Rockwell PLCs so this all new to me.

The instructions I am struggling at converting are;

BSET
INC
DIST

also is the tag DM just like an INTEGER in Siemens and Logix?

You should be able to download the instruction reference manual for the PLC that you have from the Omron Europe website. Once you have the PDF manual, you can just search for the instruction.

The intructions are BSET - Block Set, INC - Increment, DIST - Distribute - could also be on a rising edge - would have @ in front on the instruction. You need the manual as above to find out how they work. Nothing to do with Syswin - part of the PLC instruction set.

Thanks very much, I have found the instruction manual now cheers.

One more question, I will enclose a photo of the program. With a timer instruction in AB you use .DN for the contact when the timer is done.

What is being used in this photo. The tag is TIM021. WIll that become true when the timer is done?

timer.jpg

CallumMacEwen

yes,
If conditions on the rung to timer 021 stay true for 180.0 sec then the timer contact TIM021 will close and OneShot 30.10.

Sorry for asking again but I have another question.

The INC(38) instruction what exactly happens when the instruction is executed. For instance if the word DM010 is used. What happens to this word?

If the INC(38) is executed with DM010 it will increase the word by a value of one (BCD) each time the instruction is true.
The @INC(38) will only activate from a transition of off to on. (One Shot)

Regards,
Garry

Or it will increase the actual BCD value i.e if DM0010 was 100 it would change it to 101. Also if the instruction is just INC(38) if this is true for multiple scans it will increase the value by 1 each scan?

Not exactly.
It will change the value in the word. If DM0010 contained the value BCD 0009 and the @INC(38) was true. The new value in DM0010 would be BCD 0010.

Regards,

If the condition to INC is held on the number will increase each scan. If you use @INC then the number will increase by 1 each time the condition is true - rising edge. The number in the DM is retentive on a power failure provided the battery is OK.