SYSWIN 3.4 Help

Ok Thanks here is the GX developer program. It looks fairly straight forward. I under stand the timers for eg. rung 10 has T0 K30 which would be the same as TON in rslogix for timer 0 with a set value of 3 seconds.

SET and RST = latch / unlatch

ZRST -- What is this ? Is this just unlatching / resetting multiple outputs in one go rather then individual rst's

PLS -- What is this ? Looks like an OSR

Rung 334 has some ZRST's with 2 instructions after it, not sure what's happening here. Is this as described above ?

Anything else I should be aware of?

I'm just beginning this one so I'm still doing my homework on the instructions.

Thanks,
Tony.

Last edited:
I under stand the timers for eg. rung 10 has T0 K30 which would be the same as TON in rslogix for timer 0 with a set value of 3 seconds.
That's correct, but keep in mind that timer numbers 0 to 199 are 0.1 sec. resolution, while those above 200 have 0.01 second resolution

SET and RST = latch / unlatch
Also correct

ZRST -- What is this ? Is this just unlatching / resetting multiple outputs in one go rather then individual rst's
Yes, [ZRST M111 M112] would be the same as OTU M111, OTU M112

PLS -- What is this ? Looks like an OSR
Yup, PLS = OSR

Rung 334 has some ZRST's with 2 instructions after it, not sure what's happening here. Is this as described above ?
Same as above. Rung 334 basically resets the following bits:
M21
M23
M24
M25
M26
M27
M29
M30
M31
M33
M106
M107
M108
M109
M110
M111
M112

Anything else I should be aware of?
This looks like another straightforward program. The only exception is rung 127. I'm not quite sure what they're doing there. When M8200 and M8201 are ON, the associated counters (C200 and C201) count down instead of up. This occurs when the PLC is NOT running (M8000 is OFF). Strange. Maybe some sort of debugging code?

Have fun! ;)

🍻

-Eric

Thanks,

Rung 127, could that be some kind of configuration for the counters 200 and 201. So basically when the plc is running it de-erngizes M8200 and M8201 essentially configuring C200 and C201 to be counters that count down instead of up??

Thanks,

Rung 127, could that be some kind of configuration for the counters 200 and 201. So basically when the plc is running it de-energizes M8200 and M8201 essentially configuring C200 and C201 to be counters that count down instead of up??
I thought the same thing, but it works the opposite. C200 and C201 will count UP (the default direction) when M8200 and M8201 are de-energized. The fact that there is an XIO M8000 is the weird thing. The XIO M8000 is essentially an 'ALWAYS OFF' bit, so I don't see what purpose this rung serves. As far as I can tell, the counters would operate exactly the same way even if this rung didn't exist... :confused:

I suspect the original programmer had the counters counting down, but changed his mind, and simply disabled this rung with the XIO M8000 instruction. He then forgot to clean up the code by deleting this rung. I've been guilty of that a time or two ;)

🍻

-Eric

Translation is now complete. I've uploaded a PDF of the Rslogix 5000 ladder if you wouldn't mind having a quick look at it to see if anything looks seriously wrong 🤞🏻

I just used standard CTU instructions for the two counters. There wasn't really anything to complicated about this one. Hopefully the OSR's are correct as there is a few of those.

Thanks,
Tony.

I only spotted two typos:

• FX rung starting with line 14 (CLX rung 4):
M0 should be M1
  • FX rung starting with line 300 (CLX rung 63):
You missed the XIC M30 in the OTL M110 branch​

Everything else looks good, including the counters... (y)

🍻

-Eric

I was just curious why it didn't contain the bit shift to the set length as it says it should in the manual. Something to work out another day.
Apparently the Logix500 BSL and BSL has a slight bug that allows it to shift past the Length setting, depending on the location and type of your Array. See the quote below from the "Logix500 Controllers General Instructions Reference Manual", page 398.
IMPORTANT: You must test and confirm that the instruction doesn’t change data that you don’t want it to change. The BSL instruction operates on contiguous memory. If an Array is a member array, such as contained within a structure, it is possible that the instruction could shift beyond the Array’s boundary into other members following it. You must take care in choosing a length whereby this does not happen.

Last edited:
I only spotted two typos:

• FX rung starting with line 14 (CLX rung 4):
M0 should be M1
  • FX rung starting with line 300 (CLX rung 63):
You missed the XIC M30 in the OTL M110 branch​

Everything else looks good, including the counters... (y)

🍻

-Eric

Thanks again for your time Eric, much appreciated :)

Tony.

Apparently the Logix500 BSL and BSL has a slight bug that allows it to shift past the Length setting, depending on the location and type of your Array. See the quote below from the "Logix500 Controllers General Instructions Reference Manual", page 398.

Yeah I saw that note, I assumed that meant that if I had several DINT's in the array and I didn't use a length of 32 or less it might continue shifting into the next DINT.

I wont worry to much about the length then at this time if there is a known issue with it. I am using V20.

Thanks,
Tony.

Hi guys just a follow up post. I have completed these jobs now and all the translations went very well. Once again thank you for your help.