Omron C200HS Syswin Help please.

Jinto

Hi, I need a little help with something that will probably be very easy and obvious to anybody who uses the Omron PLCs with Syswin.
I usually work with Rockwell equipment but have been asked by a customer to put a small mod into an Omron C200HS which I have never worked on before. I have managed to borrow a laptop which is loaded with Syswin 3.4 and I have a PLC lead. I managed to get connected and uploaded the program from the PLC but when I try to select online editing, it does a check on the program and brings up a “missing End” message although when I look at the uploaded program I can see an end statement followed by some NOP instructions.
It is a fairly short program which seems to be using just one block.

Can somebody please point out the blindingly obvious mistake I’m making, I have looked at the syswin manual but didn’t find the answer.

Scroll to the end of the program.
My guess is you will see several NOP (No Operation) instructions.
Remove these from the Syswin program and you should be good.
Do NOT remove the END instruction.

Syswin was notorious for not really understanding the END of the program. Also, there may to two END instructions. There was a setting in SYSWIN to use two consecutive END instructions.

Hope this will help.

Thanks for your answer, you were correct, there were some unwanted NOP instructions after the end. I deleted these (leaving the END instruction) and did a program check which was now OK. However when I tried to enter online edit mode the verify failed and it complained about the END instruction being different. I uploaded again and had the same results.

In the end I opened a new project whilst connected, uploaded the PLC and this time it didn't put the NOPs after the END and it verified and went online OK.

I'm not sure what was different but I had tried at least half a dozen times before without success.