Can't connect to Omron C200HS CPU21

CH CA

Hello,

New to this forum and to Omron. Really hoping someone has some input or advice that I haven't already tried. Have exhausted all I could think of and all I could find mainly on this forum and a few others and the manual. I realize this unit is pretty old and obsolete just need to get ahold of the program to save it and see if I can find and correct the fault. From there if I need to upgrade it my understanding is I can do that in the CX-One.

So I started with a handheld programmer which connected right away. Gave me a memory error which I hoped should be easier to define by looking at the actual program on a PC. The handheld is a bit before my time and my hat's off to you guys who used to read and write logic that way. And again I need a copy of the program. So I got my hands on the CX-One and CX-Programmer 9.6. Bought a USB-CIF02 from plccable.com, after failing to connect I reached out to Omron who shut me down pretty fast since it was not their cable. Then reached out to the guy from plccable and he was very helpful and thorough trying to get me through it over Thanksgiving weekend. Fought with it and tried the scan serial port option, auto-online, created a blank program with a plc of the same type (tried both Sysmac Way and Toolbus) and go to work online to kind of kick start the connection process, toyed with the com port settings in device manager (7/E/2 seems to be the consensus but tried some others) deleted the auto-selected Win 10 driver and manually loaded the one from the disc. Everything still fails to see my PLC connected.

Auto online/blank program work online=Failed to connect to the PLC.
Scan serial port with all options selected=Turns up nothing/Detection of local PLCs is complete
I can see both cables transmit when searching, never see any comm lights on PLC.

Found a post that suggested if you can't get in on the peripheral port to try the RS232 port and turn on dip switch 5 for default RS232 settings so I ordered a USB-CN220-EU and ran through all of the same attempts as I did with the peripheral port cable with the same lack of joy.

Hoping at this point is there a CX setting or a similar experience someone had that got resolved?

Doubt it is relevant but maybe, I pulled the CPU off of the rack to set it up at home so I could work on getting connection, only bring it up since my alarm light is no longer on once removed from the rack and have seen a ton of TIA portal quirks that make no sense so today I started to wonder if I'm not connecting now because I removed it from the rack. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to me since I started out having no connection when still on the rack and I don't know how anyone could ever ship a replacement CPU programmed if that were the case. Any input is welcome, thank you in advance for your help.