SYSWIN 3.4 Help

antsrealm

Hi,

I need to convert some code from an old C40K Omron to AB manually. I have obtained syswin 3.4 and opened the project. I am completely new to syswin and was wondering how I can determine what are the inputs and outputs as well as the memory bits etc.

For some reason 'data table' is greyed out.

Thanks
Tony.

If you don't already have it, THIS MANUAL will help a lot.

On the C40K, inputs will be 0000-0015 and 0200-0207. Outputs will be 0100-0111 and 0300-0303. These are printed on the PLC's terminals. Any other number up to 1807 can be used as internal bits. If you see any bits numbered 1808-1907, those are special bits such as first scan, etc.

What AB PLC are you converting to? I don't think I have Syswin, but if you can send me a PDF printout, I'd gladly take a crack at converting it for you. I did a LOT of C/K programming back in the late 80s, early 90s.

🍻

-Eric

Thanks for the reply, it's going onto a control logix plc that is running ethernet FlexIO to replace these remote PLC's.

I have uploaded the PDF of the syswin program. I cant pay you to convert it but if you want have a look I wont stop you :)

Most of it makes sense now that you have shown me that manual and I understand the IO addressing.

One more question. I see an instruction that appears to be something like an XIC or XIO but has z looking symbol in the middle of it as if's a rising edge or something similar. What is that and how is that determined ?

For eg there is one on rung 17 bit 013.03.

Thanks,
Tony.

Since you are converting to CLX, which is NOT my forte, it will definitely be quicker for you to just write it yourself. The Omron program looks quite straightforward. Here are some tips:

THe DIFU and DIFD are 'one-shot' instructions. DIFU is the same as OSR, and DIFD is the same as OSF. I only see two DIFD instructions used. 13.08 and 16.05.

It looks like the contacts with a Z inside are just to remind you that these bits are differential contacts (they are the outputs of DIFU or DIFD instructions elsewhere in the program). Just make sire you note which ones have the 'slash', meaning an XIO contact.

Timers in the Omron are 0.1 second resolution, so a value of #0050 is 5.0 seconds.

The only 'special' instruction I see is SFT(10), which is a shift register. In this program, it is a 16-bit shift register (bits 15.00 through 15.15), but it looks like they're just looking at the first bit (bit 15.00). Bit 13.08 triggers the shift, which is really a DIFD (OSF) instruction of bit 13.07, so when 13.07 transitions from ON to OFF, the shift occurs. If bit 13.06 is OFF when the shift happens, a '1' is loaded into the shift register. The shift register is cleared when bit 14.00 is ON.

Overall, it looks like it will be a fairly easy conversion. If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. There are a few of us 'old school' Omron guys here... ;)

🍻

-Eric

Fantastic !

Thankyou very much, you have cleared up everything that I was unsure of. I'll upload a PDF of my AB ladder when I finish later today to see if anything stands out as incorrect.

:)

Thanks,
Tony.

Another important thing to note, Tony, is that in Omron, a constant value must be preceded by a symbol:

&5 ;; decimal 5
#5 ;; hexadecimal 5
+5.0 ;; real (float) five

All going well so far, just doing the BSL to replace the SFT and I haven't done a BSL in rslogix 5000 before.

The instruction works fine except the length property doesn't seem to be limiting the bit shift.

I was going to limit it to 16 bits maximum to fall inline with the syswin program however it just continues all the way to the 32 bits in the DINT.

In the attached photo I tired to limit it to 5 bits as an example but it just keeps going to the end of the DINT.

Any ideas why ?

Array DT is DINT
Control DT is CONTROL
Source Bit DT is BOOL

BSL.png

It shouldn't matter how long the shift register is. You only care about the first bit in it anyway.

I can't help you with the Logix5000, but since the shift register in the Omron only really needs to be one bit long, you can probably just use an OTL and OTU to accomplish the same thing.

|  13.06   13.08
|---]/[-----] [----------(OTL 15.00)
|
| 13.06 13.08
|---] [-----] [---+------(OTU 15.00)
| |
| 14.00 |
|---] [-----------+

13.06 is the status you want to shift. 13.08 performs the shift (This is that OSF bit). 15.00 is the first bit in this 'one bit long' shift register. 14.00 always clears the bit.

Another thing I probably should have mentioned is that bits in the Omron are non-retentive. IOW, they all get reset to zero at powerup. I don't know if this will matter in your application, but you may need to clear all the registers you used if it does matter.

🍻

-Eric

It shouldn't matter how long the shift register is. You only care about the first bit in it anyway.

I can't help you with the Logix5000, but since the shift register in the Omron only really needs to be one bit long, you can probably just use an OTL and OTU to accomplish the same thing.

|  13.06   13.08
|---]/[-----] [----------(OTL 15.00)
|
| 13.06 13.08
|---] [-----] [---+------(OTU 15.00)
| |
| 14.00 |
|---] [-----------+

13.06 is the status you want to shift. 13.08 performs the shift (This is that OSF bit). 15.00 is the first bit in this 'one bit long' shift register. 14.00 always clears the bit.

Another thing I probably should have mentioned is that bits in the Omron are non-retentive. IOW, they all get reset to zero at powerup. I don't know if this will matter in your application, but you may need to clear all the registers you used if it does matter.

🍻

-Eric

Yeah thanks I have just proceeded with the bit shift using the whole 32 bits even though as you said it only cares about the first one. Everything else is as you described and looks good. I was just curious why it didn't contain the bit shift to the set length as it says it should in the manual. Something to work out another day.

I'm still going with the translation. Let you know when it's done.

Thanks.

Ok translation complete. Keep in mind this is a like for like copy to the new AB hardware and perhaps down the road time permitting we will work out what it all does and possibly re-write it in a more efficient fashion.

I've attached a PDF print of the AB code, I havent had time to thoroughly double check it but it should be right. See what you think. In particular teh BSL intruction, timers and OSR /OSF's.

Thanks,
Tony

I want to know abt programming n simulation in abb ac31GRAF? Did any1 knows abt it? Even am in sort of its manual too.....

I'm impressed Tony! I like how you tried to maintain the numbering. Made it very easy to cross check.

I only found a few typos:

• Omron rung starting with line 32 (CLX rung 8):

You are missing the branch containing 13.07​

• Omron rung starting with line 94 (CLX rung 29):

The timer preset should be 0.1 seconds. You have 60 seconds​

• Omron rung starting with line 216 (CLX rung 58):

The OSR should be a OSF​

Hopefully I spotted all of them. Let us know if it works as expected!... :site:

🍻

-Eric

P.S. The bit shift looks like it should work.

By the way, did you notice the duplicate address on the Omron rung starting with line 313? I guess he wanted to make sure 1.02 turned on?... :ROFLMAO:

I think it's safe to remove the branch there... ;)

🍻

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Firstly thank you very much for having such a detailed look at my programs this has helped immensely :)

I have fixed up those typos and you've saved me a few headaches there. Yeah I thought the consistency with the numbering was going to make fault finding a lot easier.

Yeah I did see that duplicate branched input, for some reason I thought I'll just put it there so it looked the same but that was a silly choice. It's gone now :)

Once again thanks for your time it has helped me to deliver a better result with the peace of mind it's probably going to work :p

I'll be doing this change over in a few weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Now I have to convert a Mitsubishi using GX developer over to AB.

Thanks,
Tony.