Factory Talk View SE Virgin

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Happy Monday Everyone,

Little background: I have done a bunch of FTV ME projects so I am competent with FTV. Now a customer would like me to take over the maintenance of their FTV SE system. As the title suggest I have never done a SE project before.

The system has been running for about a year. I would just be doing small additions and changes for now. There is talk of moving to a server based system in the future. Right now it is all just on one computer.

So a few questions to start out:
1. I have FTV Studio but do I need to upgrade my licenses to work with SE? A screenshot of my version info is attached.
2. What are the major differences between a SE project and a ME project as it relates to working with it in Studio?
3. Does Studio create a runtime file that is installed on the runtime computer? If so what is the extension of that file?

Thanks for all your help!!

FTV Studio.PNG

Last edited:
1. The licence should be good as the first line reads Machine and Site Edition.
2. When you first run Factorytalk Studio (by click from the Start Menu) then it should ask with a pop up whether you would like to open Machine Edition, Site Edition (Network) or Site Edition (Local). If yours just opens with Machine Edition and asks to open a ME application then you do not have SE installed.
3. I believe the runtime ends with extension .cli You use the Site Edition client utility to create it for the respective project.