FX3U control stepper motor by GT simulator

fergieomki

I'm doing a project which is controlling a stepper motor through FX3U and HMI. I use PLSY function to create pulse for the motor driver. And i want my motor to run whenever i press the bit switch on GT simulator and not release it. But PLSY function can't create a pulse train whenever it has finished its preset pulses. I know pwm can do what i want but i want to control preset pulses whenever i press and release bit switch.
i'm very appreciate any comment and sorry for my bad english.

Try using the DPLSY command with the preset pulses set to K0.

This is from page 372 of the FX3U programming manual (JY997D16601).

Untitled.png

Try using the DPLSY command with the preset pulses set to K0.

This is from page 372 of the FX3U programming manual (JY997D16601).
if i want my motor runs 10 pulses each time switch is pressed i don't think the preset pulses = k0 is suitable. Anyway, I will try DPLSY tomorrow because it is very late in my country now. Thank you for your comment.

I'm confused. If you only want the motor to run 10 pulses each time the switch is pressed why would you not set the preset to K10?

PLSY and DPLSY should be nearly equivalent, with the difference that the DPLSY can handle much larger values.

Perhaps I misunderstood - do you want it to output 10 pulses every single time you press the button, regardless of whether or not you keep holding the button down? Those are typically called incremental moves.

Try taking a look at the DRVI instruction. With that instruction you input how many pulses you want to go from wherever you currently are, what frequency, what device, and what output to use as a direction control. For example, have output Y0 send 10 pulses at 1 Hz in the forward direction.

I'm confused. If you only want the motor to run 10 pulses each time the switch is pressed why would you not set the preset to K10?

PLSY and DPLSY should be nearly equivalent, with the difference that the DPLSY can handle much larger values.

Perhaps I misunderstood - do you want it to output 10 pulses every single time you press the button, regardless of whether or not you keep holding the button down? Those are typically called incremental moves.

Try taking a look at the DRVI instruction. With that instruction you input how many pulses you want to go from wherever you currently are, what frequency, what device, and what output to use as a direction control. For example, have output Y0 send 10 pulses at 1 Hz in the forward direction.
Yes, that's exactlly what i want. when i press the button and release, the motor only run 10 pulses and when i hold the button down it will generate 10 pulses after 10 pulses and keep the motor run continuously. Thank you again for advice of DRVI. I will read it tomorrow. Have a nice day. (y)