timers on a plc

squidley

i am trying to have a plc turn on a timer for 1 minute and off for 4 minutes and be able to do it on 4 differnt outputs with 4 differnt inputs controling each output

Well, Squidley's profile indicates he's not a student, so I'll try to be a nice guy (this really HURTS!) and get him started.

What you want is a repeat cycle timer. Use the input to enable a Timer 1. Use the done bit or contact from Timer 1 to operate Timer 2. Use the done bit from Timer 2 to reset Timer 1 and Timer 2 and operate your output.

There are millions of ways to do this (well, at least more than one). Post some code, and include specific application and PLC model info, and you will get more help.

thanx for all your help i have had some plc training but it was awile ago and never was able to apply it to my trade. the plc i would like to use is allen bradley micro logics 1000.i do have the software and cables. the project i am working on is a aeroponics system that i want to split into 5 differnt section but use the same pumping system to operate each site 1 minute on 4 off per section. am i trying to do this in the right matter thanx for all your help.i have bought the book from personal plc tutor and can write some program

millions of ways

Hi squidley as Tom said there is more than one way to do this here`s 1. You turn on your pump at the same time start T4:0 timing 1 sec. preset 300 (300 = 5 min.)
now if T4:0.ACC < 61 turn on your 5 valves
when T4:0/DN =(is done) let B3:0/0 osr B3:0/1 have the contact off of this relay in series with your first rung this will start it all over. The help in rslogix is good use it . I may not have completely understood what your trying to do. If this doesn`t help you may have to explain in more detail. :site: đź“š

plc timers

basicly i just want to turn one of 5 sections 1 minute each in series kind of like your lawn sprinklers have differnt zones because there is not enuff water pressure to do all at once