Help with PID, CX - Programmer

kezin

Hello guys

I have a project in which I have to control the water level of a tank using Omron. I need to get the pressure transmitter value in order to know the level of the tank and use it as an process variable of the PID.
Then I need to control the valve position.

I'm really new to Omron and i have no idea how to do the PID. I have read all the manuals but I still dont get it

Can someone help me please?

here is the program that I have so far. Just a reminder the PID parameters is just some random values because I need to do the calculations still.

Thanks

Hi haven't opened your code, hense I don't know what CPU you are using, but if it's a later model, then PIDAT is the instruction you want to use. Turn on bit 15 of Control word 9 with a one shot and let the CPU do the the work...

Hi haven't opened your code, hense I don't know what CPU you are using, but if it's a later model, then PIDAT is the instruction you want to use. Turn on bit 15 of Control word 9 with a one shot and let the CPU do the the work...

Thanks for your response

But what about the parameters? I dont really understand it
does the PIDAT instruction automatically sets them up?

NO. You have to populate the data areas associated with the PIDAT instruction before it will work.
This is accomplished by first writing parameter values to the data memory area associated with the PIDAT that define how YOU want it to operate. Then running the PIDAT using this predefined setup.
NOTE:- If I recall correctly, PIDAT is one of the few functions that does NOT work in simulate mode in CX-Programmer. You need a real PLC to fully test and observe operation.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I'm working on the real PLC.
I set the parameters on the memory used for the instruction but my output does not change once reaching the setpoint.
What could the problem be? Wrong parameters? or logic program