Siemens S7-1200 PLC With Password

Ramsri

Hi all,
One of My team mate has enabled Protection of the PLC code & downloaded the PLC Code's without typing the password. Now the PLC is not accepting any changes without password. How can i reset the CPU? Is it possible with Siemens MMC(n)

Try a blank Siemens SD card. insert while the PLC is off and restore power. Try it a couple of times, and you should be able to recover.

Otherwise you can probably get Siemens to unlock it for you.

I haven't heard of too many cases of Siemens unlocking PLCs, at least with the newer generation.

If the 1200 is using a memory card, it is an SD card that you can use in your computer in a standard SD card slot. There are 2 hidden files, but if you delete everything else, it should delete the program. I think the PLC should be able to be used after that.

There are ways to do a factory default without the SD card, but adding the write protect password disables quite a few of them (at least without the password). If you don't have the SD card, I'm not sure what the solution is.