Continuous Product Tracking

whussain6

Scenario:

Two different cutting machines drills material and put that on two different stock piles.

The stock piles can have more than one cut i.e. Machines can material from different locations to a stock pile. Which means different Cut number

Collecting machine collects the material from allocated stock pile and pumps up the riser to vessel where the material gets dewatered and stored in holds. it is 1.5 mile long riser so can imagine the delay between the collecting and reaching the dewatering plant in vessel, and then to hold by conveyors.

We need to track the product using cut number, associated concentration, and location from where the material has been cut from.

I can understand its vague but that all I know.

Assuming the material on stock pile on seabed and holds in the vessel will be in layers, how can we track from stock pile to when the material exits the holds off to seashore??

Just some ideas needed please. đź“š

whussain6,

if I understand your post,
you have 2 stockpiles, each containing multiple parts.
the parts are then automatically placed onto an assembly line for machining.
you need to identify the parts and track them to the correct location in the assembly line for machining.

1. I would use a part recognition camera and assign the parts a number or bit in a word file.
2. if you use a bit shift, you will need a bit shift file for all the stations along the assembly line.
if you use a word, you will need to shift the words down the line.
3. before machining the part, check to see if that bit or word matches the station.

also have a second bit or word file as a tracking indicator for the part being machined. any part that does not have the correct machining code, is rejected at the end as being not processed.

hope this helps,
james

I agree with James. It sounds like you need to use word shifts. The length of the word will depend on the maximum number of cut numbers, associated concentration, and location.

Cut Number | Associated Concentration | Location = 1 word = 16bits
4 bit -16#s 4 bit -16#s 8 bit - 256#s

Regards,