cheap discrete i/o via Modbus tcp or ethercat or other?

For what purpose?

You can use the GPIO of an Arduino.

If you need something permanent, you can look at WAGO and BECKHOF

Greetings,

Much will depend on how many I/O you will require, but you may want to consider Triangle Research and their embedded Ethernet PLCs A base unit starts at 8 in / 8 out and there are digital expansion boards available.

The controllers incorporate Modbus as a communications protocol for Ethernet and supports both Modbus server and Modbus client.

More information is available through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/tri-plc/tri-plc.htm

Disclosure - ESI is an authorized Triangle Research distributor.

Similar Topics

Anyone know of a cheap foundation fieldbus communicator? Something like the USB 8486 H1, but one that does not cost $3k? Thanks, Trevor EDIT: I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to assemble a simulator/practice booster pump system that uses PID to maintain steady water pressure under various outlet demands...
Replies
Views
I want to monitor a couple signals in a place where there is no PLC but there is ethernet. I know I can use an AENTR or Flex I/O and a module but...
Replies
Views
I thought it would be fun to ask what everyone's favorite cheap-er HMI is and favorite features. My favorite features are how easy are 1)...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a cheap USB to ControlNet or USB to DeviceNet adapter (I'm looking for both). I thought PLC Cable would have one but I did not...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom