Need to change preset time efficiently

khewes

Hello All,

I spent the better half of my day chopping up my code so that my processor could handle it. Because of this my code is no longer able to do what it should. I need a more efficient way of changing Pre-set values.

Please chime in if you have any ideas.

I’m not sure if this is intended but some of your timers will go done as soon as they are enabled (the preset and accumulated are the same value).

I’m not sure if this is intended but some of your timers will go done as soon as they are enabled (the preset and accumulated are the same value).

I believe they actually dont end as soon as they are enabled, pretty sure they will run through. I did do a lot of cutting before i threw this on here and had to rebuild a few of the timers, and I didnt have time to check my work because the workday ended. So if the presets/ acc are off thats an easy fix and not the issue.

The goal is to define the preset times before i run the timers. i have the math so it will work, but my microprocessor will not support all of the math i need. I was wondering if anyone could make my math simpler, or skip math all together?

Thank you for taking the time to look at it Firejo, any ideas on my math dilemma?

I don't have the software with me to see your program but moving a value to a preset can be really easy.

Just use a > and a < than comparison instruction on a parallel branch and a MOVE in the output position.

This way if N7:x is GREATER THAN T4:pre or if N7:x is LESS THAN T4:pre then you will MOVE N7:x into T4:xPre.

So basicaly:
IF N7:x NOT EQU T4:xPRE then MOVE N7:x to T4:pRE

You can do this from your PC, an HMI, etc.

BCS

EDIT: Just seen your post after firejo's so its more involved than that.......I am flying blind..Good Luck

I believe they actually dont end as soon as they are enabled, pretty sure they will run through...

Thank you for taking the time to look at it Firejo, any ideas on my math dilemma?

(I realize this isn’t what the topic is centered on) The done bit on a timer is set when the “ACC” is equal to (or greater than) the “PRE”. The timer will continue to run but the done bit will be set. The reason I mention this is for anyone reading who doesn't know how the timers work.

As to the math, no unfortunately that one goes above my level of programming unless I spent some time playing with it (which I can’t do at this time).