Modicon M340 With Kepserver

tjdwlgns612

Hello,

I am very new to PLCs in general.
I am connected to a PLC (Modicon M340 via ethernet) currently.
This is a test PLC, so all it has is one input (button) and one output (light) for me to test.
I've been using Unity Pro to connect and code the PLC, which works fine.

I'm now playing around with KEPserver, but cant' seem to figure out how to connect to the actual inputs/outputs of my PLC.
I have a feeling I got the addresses wrong (input = %I0.2.0, output = %Q0.3.0 on Unity) on KEPserver. Whenever I use Quick Client, the variables I change on KEPserver do not seem to change the variables on Unity Pro/PLC.
Any advice?

Welcome to forum.

You need to map IO variable to %M coils. (copy to and from) Read then these internal coils and words to kepware.

There is also possible to select that M340 IO uses certain modbus addresses by default (it is on IO card settings and PLC settings)
I would still go with mapping IO to memory words and bits

%M0 = 000 0001 and
%MW0 = 400 001 on kepware

Last edited:
it is easier if you keep %I and %Q adresses and with move block copy status to %M address

or with ladder

%I0 %M0
-| |-------( )

%M10 %Q0
-| |-------( )

On PLC card there is setting for Mixed Topological & State Ram. If you select it on use, then you configure modbus addresses directly to input/outputs.

Counting is little bit difficult, which modbus is which input/ouput, because you can only give start address. If you later change io-card to bigger (32 -> 64), then IO will have different modbus addresses on the other cards after changed card.

That is one reason why I map IO to %M/%MW on PLC code, not with card setting.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=91805