SIMOTION D425 to TOP/KepServer

dripdry

Hi all,

I'm trying to bring info from a D425 into TOP Server (same as KepServer). All of the tags inside of the D425 are named variables ("Knife_Offset") and not the traditional data block stuff. I'm entirely new to Siemens stuff, can anyone help a guy out? 🤞🏻

Hi all,

I'm trying to bring info from a D425 into TOP Server (same as KepServer). All of the tags inside of the D425 are named variables ("Knife_Offset") and not the traditional data block stuff. I'm entirely new to Siemens stuff, can anyone help a guy out? 🤞🏻
The named variables most likely are Global Variables.
Browse to your D425 folder and check under "Global_Var" folder.
It may be all you need to do, I haven't done TOP server with Simotion.
Usually, when setting up and HMI (Siemens, MP, Comfort) you browse under the connection to the "D425" controller in your project and then to the folder that contains your variables.