Ishida RS-232C ASCII to Compact Logix

KristienP

I'm looking to extract the Weight from an Ishida DACS-G back to a Compact Logix PLC. I'm currently looking at two options, the 1769-ASCII module or the RTA 435NBX.

According the info I have (see attached PDF), the message breaks down into 15 HEX values.
[1] = Header, [2] = Command, [3] = Result, [4] to [11] Weight, [12] = Unit, [13] to [14] = BCC, [15] = Footer.

How difficult will this be to read into the PLC and then extract the Weight into a INT/Float value in the PLC, which could then be read from FTView / Historian?

I've never had to work with ASCII before.. Thanks in advance!

Hello Kristien!

I have a problem identical to yours and I couldn't get support from Ishida to solve it, were you able to communicate with the CompactLogix PLC?

If yes, could you share more information with me, please?

Thanks in advance!