Modicon M340 support for BMX NOC 0401 Ethernet module ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello, Modicon enthusiasts !

I have a project I've posted about a couple of times([1], [2]) involving a Modicon M340 controller, and was advised that the BMX NOC 0401 module was the latest and greatest Ethernet module for doing IOScanning over Modbus/TCP.

To my dismay, my software doesn't seem to support it.

When I open the dialog to add an Ethernet module, only the older NOE modules are available in the list.

I have Unity Pro S, version 4.1. The CPU is an BMX P34 2020 version 02.00, and the software lets me select version 02.10 as well.

Does Modicon let you add modules with a profile or library, or do I have to upgrade the Unity Pro software and maybe the firmware in the M340 controller ?

The challenge here is that we're working with a customer's toolbox; we don't have Unity Pro licenses of our own.