trouble with panel view c600

francisedetz

Hello everyone,
Please I need help resolving a problem with Panel View c600, my company got called and I was sent to check a faulty system today...
The panel view was set to auto run every time it comes up,
I have tried holding down F1 when powering, still it fails to get to the config mode so I can obtain the IP address.

It doesn't have a USB port, so I can't do Ctrl+Alt+Del with it this device.

Please, does anyone know a default IP address I can use to access it from my Explorer?

If the terminal has been configured with a static IP address, you must determine that IP address using Wireshark or another network "sniffer" tool.

The PanelView Component User Manual says on page 41 that if the terminal is set up for DHCP but not connected to a network with a DHCP server, it will default to Automatic Private IP Address (APIPA) mode, just like any Windows computer will.

If the terminal does have a USB port, the default private IP for use with that USB port only is 169.254.254.2. I don't know if that's also the default private IP for the APIPA mode.

I thought the PanelView Component C600 had a USB port for configuration and another for USB keyboards, but maybe you're dealing with a different device than the one I used.

Easiest way to get to the configuration in the Component series is to connect to the host USB port. It's the mini-USB port. Use a plain old USB 2 to USB mini cable. Open your Internet explorer and use the address Ken gave "169.254.254.2" This will get you to the onboard software. Once the dashboard opens, there will be a small stop sign in the middle of the page towards the right hand side. Click on it and it will stop the application from running, then you can get into settings or even modify the application if you want to. Note, this method only works with IE 7 or 8, in Windows XP, Vista or 7 and you need the USB RDNIS driver loaded. Good luck.

Am grateful for all your responses.
I have been all over the net trying to resolve this issue, apparently AB are no longer marketing PV c600,
But like Ken noted, this is PV 600 ( I don't know if there is supposed to be a "c" in front of the 600).

So no USB port.

I am trying to get an IP sniffer to work around it.

But any other help will be surely appreciated.

I haven't worked a whole lot with Allen Bradley, but according to the manual here on page 72 during powerup you can press the small filled square in the lower right hand corner to bring up the config screen, where you should be able to find the IP address.

Otherwise, Wireshark is a good option (y) It's open source (so free to download) and all you have to do is have it monitor your ethernet while plugged into the PV 600 and reboot it. Any device with an IP address submits an ARP upon powerup so Wireshark will display the IP address of the device once it sees the ARP.

That's a PanelView Standard terminal; they started production in the mid-1990s and went out of production a few years ago.

2711-B6C8_B_(1000).JPG

To get into configuration mode on those terminals, you can press the left and right arrow buttons simultaneously.