get trouble with AB terminal block relay & timing Build simple panel with AB block re

leonlai

get trouble with AB terminal block relay & timing Build simple panel with AB block re

HI folks,

I'm newbie and I'm trying to build my first simple panel with an AB 700 FSH Timming (120V input AC) & AB 700HTL1U1 terminal Block Relay (120V DC input, 120V output DC) & a DC drive with a Motor and a switch ^_^!
I got trouble when I wired everything up, start the switch and the Terminal Block Relay light on ... but flashing and make noise ! I double check the wiring diagrams and still don't understand why the Terminal Block Relay flashing and make noise !!

I think I used AWG#14 for everything (because that the only wire I got) But I don't think it's make problem right ???
OR ... something else I cannot figure out

Plz help

Thanks folks !

Do you have a wiring diagram? What is the full part number for the timer (there are 4 possible)? It is a flashing timer, so it appears to be functioning correctly. What are the time value settings? You may not need the terminal block relay either.

Thanks for fast reply, I'll really appriciate, I'll will update the diagrams right after this ! the Timer is AB 700 FSH U 31 U something I forgot. You think I don't need a Terminal Block Relay ?? will I burn out anything without that TB ??

1233.jpg

Last edited:
Some further questions:

What are you trying to get this to do? Turn on the switch and have the drive run for some number of seconds and stop?

Are you using the drive's internal power supply to supply the control voltage?

What brand, model and part number are you using?

Gather all of the manuals for everything.

just post the diagrams (I created it) ! Try to run the motor for a period of time then off, then run again then off !it's a Timmer 700-FSH3UU23 !
Use the 120 VAC from outside (wall outlet)!

I'm assuming the switch is between terminals 3 and 4? This isn't how a switch is normally shown. What is the device at "X 120V Y"? Is that part of the drive?

The timer is rated for 8 amps which I think is more than those terminal block relays are (6A?). If the motor load is less than 8A @ 120VAC you can go directly through the timer.

It appears to be wired correctly. Check the timer setting on the relay. See the instruction sheet. I bet it's just set for a very short time (it ranges from .05 second to 60 hours).

Thanks for helping me out at this time ^_^
X 120V Y is just the lamp block with the light bulb 120V
I'm just afraid my diagram which I created was wrong, but if you checked it Ok, then that what I was thinking is the timer was set for a very shot time because I leaved the timer at the manufacture default (means 0s,0,...)
I'll check the motor tomorrow to see if it under 8A !
About the Terminal Block, I'm not sure it 6A or not but I believe It can handle more than 6A because the maximum voltage out put it can handle is 250VDC

Hey, I checked and the problem is the Timmer was set at default (0s at 1s); I reset it to 2s in 1m and it work great witout blinking and noise