PIDE & AUTOTUNE in RSLogix 5000

edwardeduful

Hello Guys,

Please i have setup a PIDE to control flow, the PV is flow and the CVeu is to control VSD speed.
I have included an autotune.
The PV is given flow input, but the CVeu is not given any output, i have called the block, tried the auto and manual parameters and still nothing works.
i feel like i am missing some parameters to get it working, Your advice will be much appreciated. which parameters must i set to get it working.

Thanks,

Eddie

Pide-control setup

Hello Guys,

Please i have setup a PIDE to control flow, the PV is flow and the CVeu is to control VSD speed
The PV is given flow input, but the CVeu is not given any output, i have called the block, tried the auto and manual parameters and still nothing works.
i feel like i am missing some parameters to get it working, Your advice will be much appreciated. which parameters must i set to get it working.
Also how do you link the P I D parameters under a periodic routine to get it working.
Please attached is a sample program, can some look at it and correct me up.

Thanks,

Eddie

This way we can not tell you the reason why your system is not working.
Initially your PIDE must be located inside a periodic task and we do not know if that is happening.
It's better if you show us the whole program, instead of two routines.

Pide-control setup

hello widelto,

If i create a periodic task and create a subroutine under it, then i must put the whole PIDE block i created in this sub-routine under periodic, Must i call this subroutine in the main routine or i shold leave it like that.

Greetings Eddie ...

please post your ENTIRE project file (ACD extension) ... you'll have to zip it first - forum rule ... note that if it's too large to post (even after zipping it) then try doing a "File Save As" operation - and save the ENTIRE project as an "L5K" file ... (that will usually be MUCH smaller) ... then zip and post the L5K file ...

we'll be happy to look it over and suggest DETAILED answers as to how to proceed ...

note that there are over 160 settable parameters in that PIDE animal - not to mention the input and output scaling issues - and the execution/scanning involved ... so ... without the ENTIRE project file, we could be GUESSING about how to get it to work for a very LONG time ...

Last edited:
Pide-control setup

Hello Ron,

Please attached is my PLC project, actually i took over from somebody.
I copied the PIDE i created into the periodic routine and its working now.
Please is there anyway i can ramp the CVEU output faster in opening a valve and slow it down when closing, is there a parameter for that.

Thanks,

Edward

according to the header, you're using version 19 of RSLogix 5000 ...

when I tried opening the file, it wouldn't open - and just hung up as follows ...

syntax_error.PNG