PanelView Memory

PLC Pie Guy

Hey All.

I have a question about memory in the PanelView.
The Pv is Model # (assembled Terminal - 2711P-T10C4D8)
the logic module is 2711P-RP8D
the PVP1000 - 2711P-RDT10C.

My runtime file is currently 15,159KB. When I try to add view point to the project it pushes it over the limit. What is the limit? When I try to download the new runtime file to the PV it gives me a memory error. It says the runtime file is to large for the PV.

On the "terminal Information" tab, it shows there is 440004KB of RAM memory and 79128KB Flash. If that helps .

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

I had this and found I had to many runtime files in the pv+.
When I hit the load program button I had 6-7 different versions to choose from. I got ride of all but 2 of them, I keep a known good working for a backup and the one I am working on.

HAHA, Yeah, I only have 1 runtime file.
That runtime file must be deleted before it will let me download another one.
This is the only PV I have out of about a dozen or so that acts like this. My runtime file isn't even as large as other ones that I have around here.

There is also the option to compile without the future access option. That will make the runtime file much smaller. I had to do that on an older PV 1200, but PanelBuilder32 you have to set a registry setting where the newer FTViewStudio it is a check box.

15MB is a large project file.

The project is compressed into the MER file, so when it opens it will expand into a temp folder. It could expand large enough that you don't have enough room for the ViewPoint project.

On your development PC, check these folders for storage size:
- HMI project folder (which will be the total expanded size)
- GFX folder
- Images folder