Memory card format for PanelView Series A

fishmanx

I have a Panelview 550 (2711-T5A3L1 Series A Rev D Frn 4.00) that I'm attempting to save its existing program to a memory card but it says the file is too large. Yet I was able to successfully save to the same card a program from another Panelview 550 (2711-K6C8 Series B Rev F Frn 4.00)
The memory card is made up of a PCMIA adapter (StarTech CB2CFFCR) with a 64MB CF card and as noted above it works in the Series B but not the Series A model. I'm thinking that the failure may be related to the older Series Panelview? I don't believe the file could be too large for a 64MB card
Is the assembled memory card the problem? I did attempt to format the card on the Series A Panelview and after the "Warning Format Erases Entire Card" and I acknowledge by pressing "Continue" it then display the message "Error Check Card Status"
I then attempted to "Save to Card" but I prompts "Error File too large" after the "File Transfer Status" screen shows up briefly.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Thanks
I have an Allen Bradley 2711-NM28 Ser.A memory card coming in as well. Would you know if that catalogue number is a linear flash memory card? Also do you know of any currently available PC connected card reader for that card?

I may have found a reply that answers the above from Ken Roach which indicates the 2711-NM1X is the linear flash card so I'm not likely getting the right one still?

Send a message via AIM to Ken Roach Send a message via Yahoo to Ken Roach
The magic words are "ATA Compatible". I most often use CompactFlash ATA cards in a PCMCIA adapter. SanDisk is probably the most common maker, though I have yet to personally find one that didn't work.

Unless you have an extreme temperature and vibration situation, there's little reason to get the A-B 2711-NM2x cards. They're steel-cased, full-sized, and assured to work and stay available for ten years, but off-the-shelf cards are a lot less expensive.

Be aware that the old linear flash cards (2711-NM1x) do have their uses; PanelView 1200/1400e and Standard PanelViews with firmware before version 3.0 can't use the ATA cards.

Last edited:
Problem resolved this morning! The series A Panelview did eventually read the memory card successfully. I left the memory card in the Panelview and completed a reset of the Panelview. When it restarted the memory card showed up as legitimate on the configuration screen and I was able to save the application to the card!
Thanks KuulKuum for your patient responses!