Memory Card usage in Logix5000 controllers

I am wondering if there is any way I can set a bit in my PLC if the memory card program and the controller program are not the same.

The reason being is to prevent the programmer from accidentally forgetting to store the PLC program on the memory card.

Which if the memory card settings are set to boot on load whatever changes were made will be erased from the PLC.

Thanks,

GSV
Controller
ControllerLog Execution Modification Count
then put in a word to monitor
IF NEQ set a bit. fault bit to hmi to log change or show this as a fault.
After Neq and set a bit move fault word to old word, then reset bit by a pb.

Hey, I followed your instructions using the GSV and it worked great any time I changed the program the GSV would change by the number of edits.

But how can I toggle a bit when the memory card was written to?

Thanks,

Hey, I followed your instructions using the GSV and it worked great any time I changed the program the GSV would change by the number of edits.

But how can I toggle a bit when the memory card was written to?

Thanks,

Don't know if I've seen that, but you could always add a bit of logic in to have it throw a big warning on the screen that the Program has been modified and must be stored to the SD card on the operator panel.... a little reminder for the guy to store it before leaving. then just leave a description on that line to manually change the value it's comparing against back to where it will trigger again.

Guaranteed over time someone will just disable that though!

Yeah, I agree somebody could easily delete the prompt, but I figured if I could make the logic detect if a change was made and compare that timestamp to when the last time the memory card was saved then all the programmer would have to do is save the controller to the memory card and they wouldn't have the desire to delete the logic.