SLC 500 Totalizer HSCE2 Module

Rod Hackney

I have a SLC5/03 that is using a HSCE2 High Speed Counter module.
I have 3 pulse flowmeters hooked to the module. I need to totalize each flow and give GPM for each. The HSCE2 is giving me a pulse per second rate in my data table. Please advise if you have any ideas on a logic fix for this problem.

Rod,
Hit the search button below the blue banner above and type in 'totalizer'. You'll see the topic has been discussed quite a bit.
Check those out and see if they answer your question.
If you still need help, post again and give a few more details - ie. what kind of flowmeters, what does 'a pulse per second' in your data table equate to, etc.

I work for a chemical company and we have a huge flow meter installation. I've never used the HSCE2, but I assume it is similar to the CFM card.

To get your GPM, do the following math:

Multiply the pulse rate (hertz) times the quantity per pulse.
This will give you your flow rate per second.
Then multiply the flow rate per second times 60 to get flow rate per minute.

Example: Assume each pulse = .01 gallons, pulse rate is 1000 hertz.

1000 X .01 = 10 GPS
10 X 60 = 600 GPM

As for totalization, I assume the input card has an internal accumulator, you should be able to use that to get your totals. I've never read the manual on the HSCE2, but I recommend that you do. There are usually prorgamming examples, and one may be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Ken