SCADA Tag names

Jaybird929

Hello,
We use GE iFix SCADA systems where I work for our GMP data collection of GMP freezers, incubators and refrigerators. For our temperature and CO2/RH we use a tagname such as FRZ1952_HT for temperature without a second input of RH or CO2. With a second input we have it as INC1952_HT1 and INC1952_HT2 for Temp and Co2/RH.
What should be the standard for tagname post scripts. The INC1952 is the actual equipment name, just not sure why they decided on the HT1 and HT2 post script.

I usually work with ISA S5.1-1984.You can find a brief introduction and examples here.

Most of my customers use the same ISA-coded tagnames through all the documentation, even inside PLC, HMI & SCADA logic. I like that way because it's easy to create & assign new names.