Connecting OMRON PLC to CX-Porgrammer using RS-232 to RS-232

mstewart1516

Hey everyone,

I am brand new to this forum as well as OMRON. I am trying to connect to my CP1E-NA20DT-D using the RS-232 port on my PLC to my RS-232 port on my laptop.

When I try to connect it is telling me "Failed to connect to the PLC". Is it possible to go RS-232 to RS-232? I am trying to use COM5 (Communication Port) but I have also tried COM3 with no success.

I have tried using CX-Network Configuration Tool to find my PLC but still again with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks McKenzie

I have found a USB-A to USB-B cable so I am now playing around with that but I am still getting a failed to connect to plc message. I have checked my device manager and under other devices tab it does say OMRON-PLC.
Any suggestions?
Thanks McKenzie

With CX-Programmer open, double click on the plc in the project workspace on the left of your screen. This should open the Change PLC dialog box.
There should be a Network Type pull down towards the bottom of that dialog.

What is the Network Type listed?

Depending on the Network Type, you should also click on the Settings button to verify details of the configuration.

Hope this helps.