Event History Logging on FTView ME 8.1

Jsu0234m

Hey everyone,
I'm in the process of building a panel view program to replace a OEM Citech HMI program. I'm down to the last screen which is an event history screen that logs every selection/unselection that the operator makes on the HMI program and I'm having a hard time replicating that feature in FTView ME 8.1.

Has anyone done this with FTView ME 8.1? I attached a screenshot of what the event history screen looks like from the citech HMI program.

Event History1.jpg

You can try to use the alarms system. I've done that to create separate lists for alarms and diagnostic messages. Create a / another alarm list, preferably in a color scheme that doesn't scream "Help!". If you are using a secondary alarm list setup the filters for each alarm list so that real alarm messages and event messages only show up in their appropriate alarm list. You can setup your event messages and triggers in the alarms setup.
I don't use the built in acknowledge and clear logic / tags / buttons in my projects so I can't tell you how they interact with those event messages.

I had no chance to work with FTVME 8, so I don't know if there's a feature to log the operator's actions. That said, since all the actions seem to be booleans, I'd group them in one or more arrays. Then I'd declare those arrays in the FTV alarm setup, unchecking the Display column. Finally, I'd use an Alarm List, using the arrays as filters, to ge the log.

I was thinking i would have to use the alarms list in some shape or form. Thanks for your helps guys, ill see what i come up with using the alarms list. I wish rockwell would make the alarm triggers and messages able to be imported in from excel or notepad. It's a pain to put them in one at a time.

You can export the alarms config and messages to a xml file. Stick to the original syntax and you can import it without problems. Some years ago I made efforts to import it into excel. Editing it with notepad+ is comfortable enough for me nowadays. The alarms editor is good for e few messages but it's annoyance grows proportionaly with the number of messages ;)

That's good to know about the xml file. Yeah this system has about 80 alarms in it already that i entered one by one, i wanted to dig my eyes out.

It's been a while for me working with ME but I think you can copy and paste the alarms and triggers between ME and excel.
In ME in the upper left-hand corner click the cell and everything should be selected and then try to paste into excel.

You can also use the diagnostic messages.

That tracks changes to any tag value, but the message will be different than Citect.
Ex. write value of 1 to tag Fan1Deselected
or write value of 3 to tag Fan1Control

It only logs the date/time, numerical value and the tag name; there is no option for a custom message.

You can use the Alarms, but the log file is limited to 10,000 records. After that you start losing the oldest messages.

Diagnostic messages has a limit as well (2,000?) but the big difference is that you can send those across the network to a central PC; and there you are only limited by disk space.

Thanks everyone, I tried what MaReKa suggested and it works great, other than everything that's active being displayed when the program reloads but that's fine with me. Take a look and see what you think? This forum is awesome!!!! Thanks again.:geek::geek:

PVEvents.jpg

You can also use the diagnostic messages.

That tracks changes to any tag value, but the message will be different than Citect.
Ex. write value of 1 to tag Fan1Deselected
or write value of 3 to tag Fan1Control

It only logs the date/time, numerical value and the tag name; there is no option for a custom message.

You can use the Alarms, but the log file is limited to 10,000 records. After that you start losing the oldest messages.

Diagnostic messages has a limit as well (2,000?) but the big difference is that you can send those across the network to a central PC; and there you are only limited by disk space.
I tried the diagnostics messages and it has to be an on top display and it interrupts whatever is happening and i don't want that to happen. I'm also not worried about keeping 10,000 messages. The only thing maintenance uses it for is to check and make sure an operator didn't turn something off if they have problems.

Glad to hear you got it working!
If the alarms work for you, stay with that.
The alarms have a better object (scrolling, list, ack/clear).

Diagnostics can be stopped (prevented) from opening on top
-> in FTView Studio open Diagnostics List Setup. Then uncheck all the "open automatically" options.

-> add the Diagnostic List object to any screen as you want

Open the Diagnostic List Setup and under Open display automatically when: make sure only Error occurs is selected.

That way the pop up will only happen when an actual error is generated.

OG

** damn your fast typing skills arlenjacobs! If I hadn't bolded mine I might have beaten you!! :)