SMTP enable grayed out (Newbie)

obleck

Hi, New here, been a couple decades since I had my hands on an AB PLC...

Anyway, I have 1400/1766-L32BXB series B, "FW 13", though flipping through the LCD display it says "OS FRN:14.0"

I am trying to enable SMTP, but the box is grayed out in RSLogix 500. A forum search and google revealed no relevant hits as to why. The 1400 reference manual and one forum suggested only series B supported it, but we are that...

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Never mind....

After fooling around with it for a bit, I was able to go "offline", set the bit, download a ladder, and after power-cycling, it took when back online.

The box is checked but still grayed, so purportedly the same procedure could be used to turn it off again.

Last edited: