Components for S-7 1200

bas4545

Hello,

So I'm compiling material that is compatible with an S-7 1200 Programmable Controller. It's a Siemens Simatic model. I am completely new to the PLC so I have no idea where to start. I need a few parts for a paint mixer:

1. DC Motor

2. Proximity Sensor

3. Three Solenoids valves (liquid flow direction)

4. Linear Actuators

5. Load Cell (does it require a hard drive)

6. Color Sensor

Any advice on where to find compatible parts with that PLC model would help. I have tried to find some parts but I've had a hard time. Thanks.

http://accautomation.ca/the-7-essential-parts-of-a-plc-system/

PLC's are compatible with just about everything. Take a look at your input devices and determine how they will be connected.
Digital Input
Analog Input
Communication network
Now do the same for your output devices.
Digital Outputs
Analog Outputs
Communication network

Once you have that then you can specify what is need for the S7.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

There is great downloadable tool on siemens website it's called "TIA Selection tool". You can virtually design a system and tool selects all the components You may need.