**RS Linx** Ethernet IP driver doesn't see controller over wireless.

snakes79

Hello all.
I am running RSLinx 3.81.00 CPR 9 SR8.1 and my EthernetIP driver doesn't work with my wireless card. I can still ping the addresses , and the ethernet driver works just fine. Got any ideas?

Thanks!

Try this. Right click on the driver in RSLinx and select Configure Driver. You will most likely see 3 selections in the list, Windows Default, your wired and your wireless adapter. Select your wireless adapter and click Ok.

I ususally then right click on the driver again and select Remove. Then click up on the top level item (Workstation) and it will put the driver back in again and rescan. This isn't exactly required but I find it refreshes faster doing this.

What Windows are you running? Is there a VM involved?

I primarily use wireless to talk to PLC's so that certainly isn't an issue. My Rockwell software is in a VM so that can take a little extra configuration.