Corrupt IO Table

benlawder

Hi all,
I have an Omron CJ2M CPU31 that has lost its IO table twice in two weeks now.
The PLC has only been in service now for two weeks. Both times it happened I was not there to see what was happening.
I am just wondering what would cause it's IO table to go corrupt, and what I can do about it.
Thanks in advance

The PLC I/O table in the PLC has the detailed configuration of the installed hardware and expansion units.
There are three versions of the I/O table. All three versions should have the same content in order to ensure a smooth operation.

The three versions are:
- Current I/O table. The current hardware configuration of the PLC units and the slots at turning on the power supply.
- Registered I/O table. The internal PLC table, this table is used during the running of the PLC, regardless of the status of current hardware.
- CX-Server I/O table. The configuration is known in CX-Server. These I/O table can independently of the PLC be directly created or modified and can be downloaded to the PLC with CX-Programmer.

The current and registered versions do not match and produce the error. Here are a couple of things to check.
Physically - Ensure that the PLC cards are secured together and the clips are fastened. Check to make sure that excess vibration in the panel is not occurring. (This may loosen the cards)
Power - Ensure that the supply to the CPU is surge protected. It helps if you power it up by a UPS which usually always has the surge suppressors built in.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,