Factory Talk View font issue

Scottman317

I am working on a project with over 60 HMIs. There is an Alarm History screen that has Active Alarms (AlarmStatusList) on top and an Alarm History (AlarmList) on the bottom. Both fonts are set to "MS Serif" 7. The problem is that the bottom box (Alarm History) changes to Arial 10 or Verdana 10 as soon as I download it. I do not understand how it recognizes the font in the top section, but then does not in the bottom section. We are using Factory Talk View Studio 9, but version 7 in most of the HMIs. I don't know if this is somehow the issue, but that still doesn't explain one working and the other not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have often found with FTSpew that you sometimes just have to delete an object save it. Close it. Then open and recreate it.

The font control should be set here under the general tab. If it is changing then I would follow JaxGTO advice and recreate it.

Capture.jpg

I just posted a similar thread a while ago.. it only happened after I downloaded version 9.

I found that changing the font in any alarm banner on any screen would change all of them throughout my entire HMI. Sometimes they would be the same font, other times a larger font. I ended up finding one size that looked good across all message boxes.

I'm currently un-installing 9 and going back to 8 so hopefully it goes back to normal.