Totally off topic...

Preeya

Will the Sox win tonight?

What would happen to the curse if they win the world series?! I think I will miss it...

I was to be around Boston the week of Nov 8th and was teased about me wanting to go see the sox more than doing any work. I replyed always that they will have finish there job way before that time.

Though I never thought they would win in 4.

Who would have thought the Sox could go from three down to win the Pennant? Can the Cards do the same? It ain't over till it's over!

I'm a long-time citizen of Red Sox Nation. My earliest baseball memories are of the end of Ted Williams' career. I watched Lonborg try to pitch on two days rest back in 67. I went from the thrill of Fisk's 'body English' in the twelfth inning to the agony of one too many of Bill Lee's changeups in 75. And then there was Bill Buckner in 86. 'Nuff said.

On the night the Yankees eliminated the Twins, while the dog had me out for a walk in the back yard, I looked up at the sky and saw a strange looking cloud. It looked like a barrel-chested man with spindly legs, and it was headed east toward Boston. Three games later, I was convinced he had been riding a broom. But when the Yanks brought in Bucky Dent to throw out the first ball of the seventh game, I knew we had 'em.

There is a fundamental difference between Sox fans and Pats fans. Pats fans expect the team to make the big play when the money's on the line. Sox fans are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

How can we say the curse is lifted if we're still quoting Yogi? As long as it aint over til it's over, or til the fat lady sings, you'll be able to tell the Sox fan by the deer-in-the-headlights look on his face.

We did it baby!!! We won!!! What a clean sweep...
May be the curse is transferred... Curse of ARod!!
;-)

You missed the joke--I already knew they won.

I don't get to watch much baseball.. I don't know squat about any teams. I thought I'd have a little fun with this thread and the dates.

I guess congrats are in order if you like the Red Sox.

BTW I've been told I have my own Zone--I'm not sure what that means.