Omron NS5 Touchscreen

G
I have a question on NS Touch Screen. I just thought that since you are online now I can clarify this with you. I have a NS5 Touch Screen and I had problems with it rebooting all the time. So I put the recovery disk and got it working, Now I put this small program in for the HMI and it shows up on the screen as long as I only use the internal(PT) memory. The moment I try to use the PLC memory lovation like CIP or DM and download it the whole screen turns white. I dont know what to do. Is there something I am missing. Is there some way in which I have to configure my PLC. Another thing that is happening is that as soon as I download and my screen restarts it goes into this screen saying connecting. Then I have to go and change the communication protocol from NT to Memory Link for my screen to come up.

Please help me with any inputs. I will be grateful.

Thanks

Then I have to go and change the communication protocol from NT to Memory Link for my screen to come up.

The PLC does not support Memory Link. You don't say what PLC you are using but any Omron PLC defaults to Host Link on the serial port. You must change the PLC serial port to 1:N NT Link protocol.

The moment I try to use the PLC memory lovation like CIP or DM and download it the whole screen turns white.

You must use the Initial Tab in System Settings to define the area in the PLC where the System Bits and System Words will be transferred. Then to change screens you will put the number of the screen you want to appear in the first System Word.

The PLC is CJ1M-CPU13. Like you said I already put the system setting Initial to $B1600 and word to $W1600. The serial port I put a 1:N NT Link. I also went to the PLC setting went to Peripheral port and put it as 1:N NT link also. After I downloaded the NS5 program it still keeps saying connecting. So this time I changed te NS5 syste settings Initial to CIO0000. and word to the same and it still says connecting. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks

I also went to the PLC setting went to Peripheral port and put it as 1:N NT link also

Unless you have an adapter on the peripheral port. My guess is you are hooked up to the Hostlink port (9 pin female) on the CPU. Change your settings in the PLC to 1:N NT Link on the Hostlink Port. Also to start out, use Standard Speed on the NS and default speed (9600) on the Host Link port.

hi jay,

my dip switch no.6 is broken. so i think that may have something to do with it even though i personally think that is not the problem.
I have set the PLC hostlink to 1:N NT Link and 9600 Baud(Standard) and the NS5 to standard(comm speed). It is still not connecting. it keeps displaying connecting. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jay,

Thanks a lot. I got it working. Actually I had the Serial A port connected to the PLC when I was downloading. Thats when it was displaying connecting. Then I plugged the serialA out and only downloaded the program and then plugged serial A back and it connected with the PLC.

I have another question. How do I display the last hundered readings on the touch screen. I think I need a scroll button because the screen is small and can display only 20 at a time(MAX). If you have a sample code I would be thankful

Thanks

How do I display the last hundered readings on the touch screen. I think I need a scroll button because the screen is small and can display only 20 at a time(MAX)
What functional object are you using? Are you using the list box like your last post?

Yes Jay, I am planning on using the list box funtional object(unless you recommend something better to me). And the Dip switch 6 on the NS5 was broken. But apparently it didnt matter(of course I can change it from ON to Off using a sharp object like a pin).

Thanks

You are not the first individual that I have heard of who has broken #6 switch. If you use Memory Card Transfer for uploading and downloading NS programs, this switch gets a real workout. I personally have broken three. Starting with System Version 6.01, there is an onscreen button in the system menu to call the Memory Card Transfer screen which used to be started by dipswitch 6.

Thats a smart move. Because these dip switches are so tiny its as though they have a big Label on them tell (BREAK ME). Just kidding.

Thanks