clx to plc 5 IO message via dh+

mike_dr

I want to get the digital Input cards' data directly in plc5 to the clx connected via DH+(channel 2a), no N data type mirrors since i cant change the plc5 code. is it possible to use BTR/plc5 read in clx to get I:130 - I:134(connected to plc5 via RIO in channel 1b) in 1 message instruction?I am already successful in getting N data but I have not tried I: and O:.

Last edited:
Just a MSG instruction with PLC5 Typed Word Range Read. The path should be the backplane (1) and the slot the DHRIO module is in. If the module is in 5, the communications path would be 1,5.
Set up the link node parameters as needed by addressing.

I can't recall if I and O tables can be directly read on a PLC5 or not, if not, just copy them over to Integer (N) tables and read that.

is it possible to use BTR/plc5 read in clx to get I:130 - I:134(connected to plc5 via RIO in channel 1b) in 1 or 4 message instruction?I am already successful in getting N data but I have not tried I: and O

I don't believe you can write directly to the PLC5 outputs remotely. You can write to an integer or binary file and then have a MOV instruction copy it directly to the output. But that would require adding a rung in the PLC5. Why is that the PLC5 code can not be changed? A strange situation indeed.