Differences in execution of JMP commands between S7-300 & S7-400 CPUs

RMA

Whilst searching for something else on the Siemens Support website, I fell over an FAQ about the differences between the execution of JMP commands between the 300 and 400 CPUs.

Apparently, as a consequence of the program in the 300 CPU being compiled before being executed, when you execute a JMP command the VKE and /ER Bits in the Status word are not reset. As a result if you jump into a decision chain, under certain circumstances, you can come up with the wrong answer.

An example:

O m0.0
O m0.1
R m0.0
S m0.1

A m0.1
JC j_01
= m1.0

j_01: O m0.0
O m1.0
= m2.0

On a 400 CPU, you would get the result you expect, i.e. m2.0 would remain "0".

On a 300 CPU, the VKE = 1 which caused the jump in the first place, would be merged with the two OR commands and m2.0 would be set to a "1".

As far as I can see, this is primarily a problem with ORs, and looking through some of my programmes, for reasons best know to my subconscious, I seem to work overwhelmingly with ANDs.

However, for those situations where is does matter, or even just to include as a matter of course, so as to be on the safe side, can somebody tell me, what is the fastest (i.e. most efficient) way (command) to reset the VKE and /ER Bits?

Edit: Can somebody remind me what the command was to get code displayed correctly, without all the leading blanks getting stripped out - I've seen it before, but I've forgotten what it was!

Last edited:
Yeah, I must admit I was kinda counting on Jesper knowing what I was talking about!

The S7 manuals give a list of all the STL (AWL) commands and their English equivalents, but not all the other odds and ends, sometimes I can guess near enough but other times I haven't a clue what it will be. I assume RLO is Result of Logical Operation or something similar.

RMA said:
I assume RLO is Result of Logical Operation or something similar.

That is correct

At least you speak English (with a slight northern accent :D ) and I assume you speak German, so you can have an educated guess at the English equivalent of the German notation, if it ain't English I'm stuffed!!

Paul