Activation Corrupt - Invalid Serial #

dataglyph

I have installed various RSLogix software titles and they run fine as long as the Master key is in the floppy drive, however I cannot move them to the C: drive. I had or thought I had no activations (corrupt) on my drive since I recently reloaded XP Pro and changed from Fat32 to NTFS. I have been told that my previous activations are still present and corrupt, and this is the reason I get an error and cannot move my new activations. I maually deleted evri.sys and 386SWAP.PAR but this did not help. Can anyone tell me how to identify these supposed activations in the registry so that I can delete them, after which I am told I should have no problems? It should be noted that I have had no problems when I loaded these software titles and ativations on a different machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much, in the bulliten 2 other files were mentioned (evicom.sys & icom.sys), when I searched protected files and folders I found evicom.sys to be present and deleted it. As well I searched the registry and deleted all entries for evri.sys, 386swap.par and evicom.sys. I can now move my activations on and of the C: drive at will.
Thanks
James

dataglyph,

The ev in "evicom.sys" probably stands for "EverLock". EverLock is a program that Rockwell has been using for years to protect their software. I have seen ads for a program called "NeverLock". Enough said!