Micrologix 1200/slc 500

lab

Hi,
I wondering about timers in rs logix 500. My question is if I use a ton command and would like an output to come on when the acc of this timer hit a preset value, and would like the timer to keep timing to it pre determined value, how can I capture this and turn on my output while the timer continues to time?

Thanxs in advance
Lab

Could use a compare instruction (EQUal to/GRT than etc) to look at T4:X.acc then latch a bit when the compare is true............just one of (what i'm sure will be ;)) several ways to skin this particular feline! :)

A timer uses status bits and internal words to the timer function. The words are ACC (accumulator) and PRE (preset). The bits are /DN (done), /TT (timer timing), /EN (enable), and a bit for the time base. The timer times when the function is powered by the logic. The DN bit is set when the ACC is equal to or greater than the PRE. Even though the DN bit is set in this condition, the timer keeps timing and the ACC continues to go up until the logic interrupts power to the function.

You could use the DN bit in your application.

Several times I have used one timer to activate sequential steps, use the compare on the timers' accumulated value then a GEQ to activate the logic you want to activate at a certain accumulated value, this was already said. I hope I have explained it's use better.

Thanxs for all your reply's. I'am wondering about something I read in the rs logics manual, I'm not sure what is meant by this, maybe someone could explain, what's an accumulation bit is this t4:0.acc?
or is this a register that the timer uses for it's acc?
Thanxs
Best regards
Lab

Timer T4:0 is actually made up of 3 16 bit words

T4:0

Bits 0-12 are reserved bits
Bit 13 is the Timer done bit (T4:0/13)
Bit 14 is the Timer Timing bit (T4:0/14)
Bit 15 is the Timer Enabled bit (T4:0/15)

The entire second word is where the Preset value is stored (T4:0.PRE)

The entire third word is where the Accumulated value is stored (T4:0.ACC)

So T4:0.acc just a place to store the information

Basicly what Mickey said (wish I could have typed a bit faster)

Last edited: