AB Panelbuilder 32

datkins

Can anyone enlighten me.
I have a problem with a HMI program that I uploaded from a PV550 using Panelbuilder 32 V 3.8 On upload the program saves, however any attempt to change the program or resave the program gives me a Save Failed warning. This is only occurring on one of the PV550 panelview systems that I have.

Are you trying to do the mods to the correct file? I mean, Normally, when you upload any PV program, the file it uploads is .PVA. If you save that file as .PBA, then only you will be able to modify and save.

--Rahul.

I have tried to save the file as both PVA and PBA files for Panelbuilder 32 and 2.6 all result in the same save failed message. The initial upload and all subsequent uploads will save at the time of the upload but resaves fail and attempts to save changes fail. Is there a setting that exists in PB32 which prevents changes being made to a file??

My firmware version in the PV550 is 4.00 the other module that I have not had problems with has 4.20. I would be surprised if this is a problem though as it seems to be related to saving the program on my PC.

Greetings Dave,

just a suggestion: zip and post a sample of your files ... include the ones that you're having trouble with ... AND a sample of the ones that are working ok ... maybe we can spot something that you're missing ... we'll be glad to try ...

this post may help with the attachment process ...

and welcome to the forum ...

I noticed the following when saving a .pva file to another .pva file.

All the screen are validated (which can take 5-10 seconds per screen). Then the application text validates. Then warnings and errors are listed. Then it saves the file.

If your getting part way through this, maybe you can figure out what isn't working.

Good Luck,

I'd have to agree with Ron

Zip your files here to see if we can duplicate your error or spot something

Hey guys.

I appreciate the help and the welcome. The attached file labelled as savable is the file I have been able to access and modify without any problems. The attached file unsavable zip is the file that once uploaded, re-saving or modifying/saving creates the save failed message.

Cheers

I was able to open and “Save As” both “DIE_HEAT.PVA” and “16zone.PVA” with no problems ...

my PanelBuilder32 is version 03.80.00 (Build 226) ...

and incidentally, as long as each file has a different name, you can include several in one .ZIP file ...

PS edit: I added a blank screen to each application ... and then tried another "Save As" ... I got "validation warnings" but was able to save the file anyway ...

Last edited:
Same here

Just loaded up your pva file

Saved as a PBA and all works fine

Saved as a PVA and just get some validation warnings but it still saves ok

Im running 3.8 build 226

Saved files are here

relabelled as resaved etc etc

Try these

datkins said:
Can anyone enlighten me.
I have a problem with a HMI program that I uploaded from a PV550 using Panelbuilder 32 V 3.8 On upload the program saves, however any attempt to change the program or resave the program gives me a Save Failed warning. This is only occurring on one of the PV550 panelview systems that I have.

Try to use "save as " PBA file type or PVA version 2.6 than reopen it

Good luck

Thaanks for your efforts guys.

Mr: 504bloke.

The zipped resaved files that you sent contain only the 16zone, these are the files that I have been able to access without problems. Could you send me back resaved files for the Die_heat to see if once these have been resaved I can open them and make changes.

My version of PB32 is 3.81 Build 316

All attempts to save the files as PB32 or PB2.6 PVA or PBA files results in the same save failed.

OK. Problem solved but not sure why yet.

I attempted numerous times to resave the file to my original path C:\PLC Backups\press 5 and failed save every time.

I resaved my die_heat file to a different file path and it saved without any problems!!

I then went back and resaved it to the same original path and it also saved without any problems.

I am confused but happy.

Thanks for all your time and effort guys.

I will let you know if I find the answer.

Ignore the above!! I am back to being frustrated. I made a change attempted to save to the original and then to a new file but save failed.

Last edited: