Syswin 2.1 Question

clueless

C
I am trying to create a circuit that will do the following: 200 cycles complete turn on a motor for 20 seconds. Here's what I have:

|
|
---] [-----------------|__________
CntReset

| 0250 (Count Time?)
|_____________

---] [------] [--------{ }
200.00 TIM002 Washer Motor
PowerOn 010.07

I'm unable to figure out how the Timers and Counters work using Syswin. I have some background in Allen Bradley PLC's, but with Omron. It seems to be different. Please provide any information that will lead/assist me to understand how to use and manipulate timers and counters.

If any additional information is needed, please post.

thanks,
Clueless

Code:
        200 (preset)  |          |
 ---] [---------------|__________| 
CntReset 

Cnt001             _____________ 
---] [---------------| TIM002      |
                     |  
                     | 0250 (Count Time?) 
                     |_____________ 

---] [------] [--------{ } 
200.00 TIM002 Washer Motor 
PowerOn 010.07
Check this on how to post code properly: Checkout the code and ladder section
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode

I have tried to clean it up but not sure if I got close or not.

Anyway your code is close, you have a counter setup that you need to start the timer, heres where you have to know a few things
1. Is the counter going to reset before timer is done? If so then you may need to latch a bit instead.
2. The Timer, not all plc software uses timers like AB, some you have to use Equal =, greather than or equal too =>, or less than/equal to <= or any variation. Example:
Code:
-------|   |------------------------|TIMER |

-------|= 20secs|-------------------(  )
Note this is very simplistic example, but the timer starts when it gets an input, the equal to 20 secs will allow the output to be on for 20 secs. Some brands ( I dont know Omron) dont have DONE bits etc they just time but you can create the equivalent by using the above commands and or variations.

Hope this helps you

A few items regarding Omron Timers and Counters:

1. Timers and Counters share the same memory area in Omron C-Series PLCs. Therfore, you cannot declare a TIM000 and a CNT000.
2. The basic Timer is an On-Delay timer and decrements from Setpoint to #0000 in 0.1 sec increments.
3. The Timer Done Bit has the same name as the Timer. It is on when the Timer is timed out and when the initiating contact is still true.
4. Timer and Counter Setpoints are expressed as constants and use the # for denoting the constant (i.e., #0200) If the # is omitted, then the Setpoint points to the word and uses the contents of the word.
5. The basic Counter is a decrementing counter and decrements from Setpoint to #0000.
6. The name of the Counter Done Bit is the same as the Counter. It is on when the Counter counts out and the Reset line is not energized.

Try the circuit below:
[image1.jpg]

image1.jpg

Thanks

rsdoran and Jay: Thanks for your insight and input. This site may one day take the mechanical out of me and put the electrical/PLC in.

regards,
Clueless