GRAPH for seimens

simatic graph

S
hi,

is it possible to convert graph charts into LAD, and what extacly is the diffresmce between GRAPH language and CFC (continous functional charts)

thanks

If you try opening an S7-GRAPH program on a PC where GRAPH has not been installed, you'll see the program presented in STL. When you see the complexity of this, you'll realise why I think (I admit I don't know for sure) the chances of being able to convert the program to ladder are minute to non-existant.

Apart from that, I can't see why anybody would want to do this anyway. The program is so much easier to follow in GRAPH.

this is true, graph is easier to follow, however our non-up to date workers are get scared when they see a new language, however complicating the graph to LAD will only confuse them more, thanks for the info, do u know any the diffrence bettween graph,CFC, thanks

do u know any the diffrence bettween graph,CFC, thanks

I'm not sure of the exact details. GRAPH is effectively a Sequential Function Chart (SFC) Program. As I understand it CFC stands for Continuos Funtion Chart and I believe it's a part of the PCS7 package. Functionally it's rather like FBD.