s7-300 pc cable

please help

P
i need to find out what pc cable i should buy to talk to me PLC using my laptop and not by the PG, i know that the PG cable to the PLC can be used iether on the MPI or profibus plug, ofcousre profi is much faster, so is there a PC cable out there that can allow me to plug into both like the PG, and if so, what is the part number? thanks

COM/MPI or USB/MPI

Impossible. In PC COM port RS232, in PLC MPI/Profibus RS485. Need adapter COM/MPI or USB/MPI.

Try their USB adaptor part number 6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0.
I have been using one for about a month.
Talks MPI, Profibus, and as a bonus, PPI to the S7-200.

Doug

If you have a serial port, you can use the PC-Adapter or the TS-Adapter. For the TS-Adapter you will need the Teleservice Software.

Hey,

I'm using a MPI/RS232 adaptor for communications between
my portable and the PLC.