power supply need help

Unregistered

U
hi,

can any one tell me if the Sitop power supply by siemens model 6EP1336-2BA00.rated 120/240VAC, 8.0/3.3A on the input and 20A, 22.8VDC-26.4VDC on the output. is compatible with a simatic s-300 CPU314-IF PLC? thanks

I don't know the 314-IF, I guess it must be an older model, but since the PSU has exactly the same dimensions as the 300 series modules, it looks as though it was specifically aimed at this family. Unless the 314-IF has any peculiar requirements (such as 5V supplies for built in encoder inputs) I can't see why you shouldn't be able to use this supply, at least as the main supply for the 24V requirements.

There is no reason why you can't use this power supply to power your PLC with (as Roy pointed out). I use these a lot of the time instead of the PS307's.

One thing to note, they will not fit on the standard S7-300 mounting rail, they are made to fit on standard DIN rail (36mm 'top hat').

Paul